Pages

Monday, April 2, 2012

T-R0T Character Model


A couple days ago I began construction on a character based on a design I originally drew in 6th grade. I want to get a character modeling reel together, and this will hopefully be one of the assets used in it.

the original drawing of T-R0T (left) compared to the most recent drawing (right)

I am basing the character on a combination of my favorite features of all of the drawings I've made of this character. So far, my progress has all been within Zbrush. Using Zspheres as well as starting from polyspheres, I have made a significant amount of the hi-res body. So far the sculpt is at about 7.3 million polys, but once I retopologize I plan on him being between 10,000 and 20,000.

The Zbrush Hi-Res so far
Due to Zbrush's freeform style of sculpting, it's easy to make decisions as I sculpt, so I can really do any blend of the various concepts I started with, and even make up details on the spot. Zbrush's capabilities allow me to edit the mesh without caring about polycount and allow me to make major and minor changes to any part of the model until retop. When I retop, the model will end up being significantly less pieces than the roughly 30 subtools being used now to create the hi-res.

No comments:

Post a Comment