Pages

Thursday, May 7, 2015

Tau Texturing Cont'd


Today I learned a lot in substance, the most crucial being the "select based on UV shells" tool.

Anyway, I'm getting really close to a fully shaded/textured Fire Warrior.



Here's the full front texture, though you're seeing the textures a bit lower res than they actually are. I'm having a bit of trouble biasing the LODs of the textures to keep him looking detailed from far away. This won't be so much a problem in an action-packed game, but it's a problem when trying to showcase my work for the day.

Here's the back so far. Once he's rigged and in for the player character, I'll have to see if all the yellow on the back makes it look too flat.

I'm pretty proud of how nice the chest and shoulder guard look. Overall, I feel I got the material to look a lot more like the physical material I was imagining than I thought I would. I imagine it's a mix between a matte-finished painted metal and a sort of flat stucco, which is a really confusing imaginary substance to create.

I'm especially proud of how the gloves are turning out, because I always hate doing the hands of a character the most, and I hunkered down, really putting time and effort into making the gloves look like gloves, putting finger-wrinkles into the joints, and I feel the result is totally worth the effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment